Senior position for IoT researcher - Barcelona
Our IoT group needs a Senior Engineer in electronics, telecommunications or computer science to work on IoT technology transfer and research projects. The hired person will join the MWI group to work on the design, implementation and development of IoT solutions and their evaluation in real environments.
The successful candidate will be part of the working team of the project "Infrastructures of the Connected Streets" where he/she will collaborate with researchers from different Catalan research centers to define and develop solutions to improve the connectivity, services and applications of the cities of the future.
In this regard, he will work in the following areas:
- IoT technologies applied to cities. On the one hand, it is hoped to obtain a comparative analysis of low consumption IoT technologies for use cases in urban environments. The evaluation of the technologies will be based on both experimental validations and theoretical or analytical studies. Work will also be done on the proposal, improvement and implementation of IoT solutions in these cases. Finally, it will be involved in the design and implementation of a multitechnology gateway that incorporates IoT interfaces (such as LPWAN technologies) for the capture of data on devices installed in the city or for the transmission of information.
-Location and positioning solutions based in IoT Technologies. Evaluation and implementation of systems based on the use of one or more technologies, such as UWBs or inertial sensors, that improve GPS performance.
** We will work on integrating these solutions with vehicular communication equipment to develop advanced applications and services that improve the security and circulation of vulnerable vehicles, such as bicycles or scooters, in the city.
-Implementation (software and hardware) of prototypes and demonstrators. These demonstrators will be developed and validated in realistic conditions applied to use cases in urban environments.
The workplace requires proficiency and proven experience in the design and development of firmware and software for IoT devices. It is hoped that the hired person will be able to work independently on advanced and efficient IoT solutions, both in the energy field and in the communication protocols used.
Finally, it’s expected that the hired person will also participate actively in the definition and proposal of new IoT solutions or projects for technology research and transfer.
The researcher will be part of the Mobile and Wireless Internet (MWI) group at i2CAT. More information can be found here: https://www.i2cat.net/research-topics/mobile-wireless-internet/
Who we are:
i2CAT Foundation is a non-profit research and innovation centre that promotes mission oriented R&D activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications and services. The centre stands for a new open innovation framework, fostering the collaboration between companies, public administration, the academic environment and end-users.
i2CAT’s activities span the areas of Research, playing a key role in the EU Framework Program for Research and Innovation; Strategic Projects, leading local initiatives that strengthen the digital policies of public administration, and Technology Transfer, fostering R&D collaboration with companies to develop innovative market-oriented solutions.
Want to know more? Visit our webpage!
What do we offer:
-You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun loving and friendly international work environment.
-Be in contact and work with cutting-edge technology
-Work in challenging R&D projects
-Fix + variable salary
-Option of flexible retribution (restaurant card, transport card, medical insurance, kindergarten)
-Flexible working schedule - We know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way
-Fridays afternoon off
-Intensive work schedule in July & August
-One home-office day per week
-Open space office in Barcelona.
-Free fruit every week
-25 vacation days per year
-Casual dress code
-Let us know which trainings you need
-You will have the opportunity to attend tech conferences and events.
The i2CAT Foundation seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and, therefore explicitly, encourages women to apply.
The i2CAT Foundation seeks to increase the number of persons with disabilities among its workforce, and therefore explicitly encourages this collective to apply.
- Engineering in electronics, telematics or computer science and / or experience of more than 5 years in the design and implementation of IoT products in the private sector or in an area of applied research.
- Acquire programming knowledge in C / C ++ and Python.
- Acquire knowledge of IoT wireless communication networks (NB-IoT, LTE-M, UWB, Bluetooth LE, Zigbee, 6LoWPAN, LoRa, Sigfox ...).
- Acquire knowledge of RTOS programming and microcontrollers
- Accredit knowledge of serial protocols and driver development (SPI, UART, i2C)
- Acquire knowledge of IoT Linux platform development
- Acquire knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Accredit knowledge in the design, implementation and development of IoT platforms (monitoring with sensors and performance)
Nice to have:
- Master or PhD in electronics, telematics or computer science
- Demonstrate development on your own initiative (e.g. Github account with public projects)
- Experience in network analysis tools (wireshark, tcpdump, sniffers).
- Experience in data analysis tools (e.g. R) and IoT algorithms (e.g. Kalman filtering)
- Experience in schematic design and analysis, PCB design and analysis, and prototype fabrication
- Experience in designing and implementing low-power stand-alone devices
- Experience in 3D printer prototyping
- Experience in antenna design and adaptation
Detalles de la oferta
Enviar un CV
Si ya estás registrado debes iniciar sesión. Una vez registrado podrás crear tu CV y enviarlo a ésta u otras ofertas.